The ICIAR website has moved to a new domain:
http://www.aimiconf.org. Please update your bookmarks.
|May 8, 2013
||The conference technical program has been posted. Visit the Program Overview and Program Details pages for more information.
|May 7, 2013
||Hotel & Travel Information has been posted.
|March 14 2013
||Registration is now open. Author registration deadline is April 8.
|March 10, 2013
||Author notifications have been sent out.
|March 7 2013
||Registration fees have been posted.
|March 1, 2013
||Author notification has been delayed until March 8, 2013.
|January 14, 2013
||Paper submission deadline has been extended to January 31, 2013.
|December 18, 2012
||Special Session on The Methods of Moments in the Analysis of Images and Objects posted.
|December 6, 2012
||Competition on Biometric Recognition with Portable Devices announced.
|November 22, 2012
||Paper Submission is now open.
|October 30, 2012
||Special Session on Recent Advances on RGB-D Camera Applications posted.
|October 8, 2012
||ICIAR 2013 web site launched.
ICIAR – The International Conference on Image Analysis
and Recognition aims to bring together researchers in the fields of
Image Processing, Image Analysis and Pattern Recognition.
The conference will address recent advances in theory, methodologies
and applications. The scientific program will include invited speakers
and fully refereed contributions that will be published in the conference
The ICIAR series of conferences is organized annually, alternating between
Europe and America.
- In 2004, the first conference, ICIAR 2004,
was held in Porto, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2005 was held in Toronto, Canada.
- ICIAR 2006 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2007 was held in Montreal, Canada.
- ICIAR 2008 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2009 was held in Halifax, Canada.
- ICIAR 2010 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2011 was held in Burnaby, BC, Canada.
- ICIAR 2012 was held in Aveiro, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2013 will take place in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
Focused Topic: Biometrics
- Processing & Analysis
- Mathematical morphology
- Color analysis
- Texture analysis
- Motion analysis
- 3D image analysis, 3D computer vision
- Tracking, Realtime tracking
- Shape representation and matching, Geometrical modeling, Digital curves
- Real-time imaging
- Image representation and models
- Graphics, Virtual Reality
- Filtering, Digital filters, Adaptive filters
- Wavelets, Wedgelets, transforms
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Time-Frequency Analysis
- Blind signal separation (BSS), Blind deconvolution
- Image fusion
- Spatial Data Modeling
- Watermarking, Encryption, Security
- Deformable models
- Multi-channel image processing
- Nonlinear image processing
- Image and video coding, compression
- Streaming, transmission, communication
- Indexing & Retrieval
- Image and video databases
- Image and video retrieval and indexing
- Pattern Analysis & Recognition
- Feature extraction
- Feature selection
- Ensembles and multi-classifiers
- Hybrid methods
- Syntactical methods
- Object recognition
- Face recognition, 3D face recognition
- Character recognition
- Gesture recognition
- Image understanding
- Machine vision, Computer vision
- Statistical methods, Statistical estimation
- Image Description and Recognition
- Information Theory, Entropy
- Sensors, Sensor Fusion
- Fault detection and diagnosis
- Intelligent systems, Soft Computing techniques
- Neural Network architectures
- Fuzzy logic, Fuzzy imag processing
- Image mining
- Biomedical imaging
- Document Processing
- Remote Sensing
- Security Systems, Surveillance
- Visual Inspection
- Secret sharing
- Hardware implementation, VLSI
- Computer-assisted surgery
- Automotive Sensors
- Cheque processing
- Human-computer interaction
- SAR Sea Ice Imagery
- Other applications
Biomedical Engineering Institute
Centre for Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (CPAMI)
University of Waterloo
Faculty of Engineering
University of Porto
The ICIAR 2013 proceedings is planned to be published as
a volume in the Springer
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.