The ICIAR website has moved to a new domain:
http://www.aimiconf.org. Please update your bookmarks.
|August 14, 2010
||Photos from the conference have been posted on the Photo Gallery page.
|June 28, 2010
||The keynote presentations are now available for download.
|May 7, 2010
||Conference Program Details has been posted.
|May 7, 2010
||Invited Talks titles and abstracts have been posted.
|May 2, 2010
||Conference Program Overview has been posted. Program details will be announced soon.
|April 9, 2010
||Hotel name changed. Please note that this is a change in name only; the hotel is still the same.
|March 22, 2010
||Hotel & Travel Information has been posted.
|March 8, 2010
|March 1, 2010
||Author notification has been delayed to March 8 due to a delay in the review process.
|February 14, 2010
||Fingerprint Singular Points Detection challenge results have been posted.
|January 19, 2010
||Paper submission deadline has been extended to January 28, 2010 (final extension).
|January 13, 2010
The test dataset for the Arabidopsis Thaliana Root Cell Segmentation Challenge is now online.
|December 27, 2009
||Paper submission deadline has been extended to January 18, 2010.
|December 24, 2009
||A link to the Arabidopsis Thaliana Root Cell Segmentation Challenge website has been added.
|December 6, 2009
||Paper submission is now open.
|Octoboer 18, 2009
||ICIAR 2010 web site launched.
ICIAR – The International Conference on Image Analysis
and Recognition aims to bring together researchers in the fields of
Image Processing, Image Analysis and Pattern Recognition.
The conference will address recent advances in theory, methodologies
and applications. The scientific program will include invited speakers
and fully refereed contributions that will be published in the conference
The ICIAR series of conferences is organized annually, alternating between
Europe and America.
- In 2004, the first conference, ICIAR 2004,
was held in Porto, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2005 was held in Toronto, Canada.
- ICIAR 2006 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2007 was held in Montreal, Canada.
- ICIAR 2008 was held in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- ICIAR 2009 was held in Halifax, Canada.
- ICIAR 2010 will take place in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- Processing & Analysis
- Mathematical morphology
- Color analysis
- Texture analysis
- Motion analysis
- 3D image analysis, 3D computer vision
- Tracking, Realtime tracking
- Shape representation and matching, Geometrical modeling, Digital curves
- Real-time imaging
- Image representation and models
- Graphics, Virtual Reality
- Filtering, Digital filters, Adaptive filters
- Wavelets, Wedgelets, transforms
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Time-Frequency Analysis
- Blind signal separation (BSS), Blind deconvolution
- Image fusion
- Spatial Data Modeling
- Watermarking, Encryption, Security
- Deformable models
- Multi-channel image processing
- Nonlinear image processing
- Image and video coding, compression
- Streaming, transmission, communication
- Indexing & Retrieval
- Image and video databases
- Image and video retrieval and indexing
- Pattern Analysis & Recognition
- Feature extraction
- Feature selection
- Ensembles and multi-classifiers
- Hybrid methods
- Syntactical methods
- Object recognition
- Face recognition, 3D face recognition
- Character recognition
- Gesture recognition
- Image understanding
- Machine vision, Computer vision
- Statistical methods, Statistical estimation
- Image Description and Recognition
- Information Theory, Entropy
- Sensors, Sensor Fusion
- Fault detection and diagnosis
- Intelligent systems, Soft Computing techniques
- Neural Network architectures
- Fuzzy logic, Fuzzy imag processing
- Image mining
- Biomedical imaging
- Document Processing
- Remote Sensing
- Security Systems, Surveillance
- Visual Inspection
- Secret sharing
- Hardware implementation, VLSI
- Computer-assisted surgery
- Automotive Sensors
- Cheque processing
- Human-computer interaction
- SAR Sea Ice Imagery
- Other applications
Biomedical Engineering Institute
Faculty of Engineering
University of Porto
Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence Lab
University of Waterloo
The ICIAR 2010 proceedings is published in
two volumes in the Springer
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.