The ICIAR website has moved to a new domain:
http://www.aimiconf.org. Please update your bookmarks.
- April 26, 2008: The conference program has been posted. For an overview please visit the Program
Overview page. For session details please visit the Program Details
- March 14, 2008: Registration instructions have been posted. Author registration extended until April 1, 2008.
- March 10, 2008: Hotel information has been posted.
- March 7, 2008: Decision notices have been mailed to the authors.
- March 7, 2008: Camera-Ready instructions have been posted.
- March 7, 2008: Registration fees have been posted.
- February 29, 2008: Author notification has been delayed until March 7, 2008.
- January 31, 2008: Plenary Talks have been posted.
- December 16, 2007: The submission deadline has been extended
until January 11, 2008.
- December 12, 2007: Special Session on Recent Advances
in Multimodal Biometric Systems announced.
- December 2, 2007: Paper submission is now open.
- October 16, 2007: ICIAR 2008 call for papers
ICIAR – The International Conference on Image Analysis
and Recognition aims to bring together researchers in the fields of
Image Processing, Image Analysis and Pattern Recognition.
The conference will address recent advances in theory, methodologies
and applications. The scientific program will include invited speakers
and fully refereed contributions that will be published in the conference
ICIAR series of conferences is organized annually, alternating between
Europe and America. In 2004, the first conference was held in Porto,
Portugal, followed by ICIAR 2005 in Toronto, Canada; ICIAR 2006 in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal;
and ICIAR 2007 in Montreal, Canada. ICIAR 2008
will take place in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- Processing & Analysis
- Mathematical morphology
- Color analysis
- Texture analysis
- Motion analysis
- 3D image analysis, 3D computer vision
- Tracking, Realtime tracking
- Shape representation and matching, Geometrical modeling, Digital curves
- Real-time imaging
- Image representation and models
- Graphics, Virtual Reality
- Filtering, Digital filters, Adaptive filters
- Wavelets, Wedgelets, transforms
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Time-Frequency Analysis
- Blind signal separation (BSS), Blind deconvolution
- Image fusion
- Spatial Data Modeling
- Watermarking, Encryption, Security
- Deformable models
- Multi-channel image processing
- Nonlinear image processing
- Image and video coding, compression
- Streaming, transmission, communication
- Indexing & Retrieval
- Image and video databases
- Image and video retrieval and indexing
- Pattern Analysis & Recognition
- Feature extraction
- Feature selection
- Ensembles and multi-classifiers
- Hybrid methods
- Syntactical methods
- Object recognition
- Face recognition, 3D face recognition
- Character recognition
- Gesture recognition
- Image understanding
- Machine vision, Computer vision
- Statistical methods, Statistical estimation
- Image Description and Recognition
- Information Theory, Entropy
- Sensors, Sensor Fusion
- Fault detection and diagnosis
- Intelligent systems, Soft Computing techniques
- Neural Network architectures
- Fuzzy logic, Fuzzy imag processing
- Image mining
- Biomedical imaging
- Document Processing
- Remote Sensing
- Security Systems, Surveillance
- Visual Inspection
- Secret sharing
- Hardware implementation, VLSI
- Computer-assisted surgery
- Automotive Sensors
- Cheque processing
- Human-computer interaction
- SAR Sea Ice Imagery
- Other applications
The ICIAR 2008 proceedings is published as
a volume in the Springer
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Information about the ICIAR proceedings |
ICIAR 2008 online proceedings