- September 28, 2006: Thanks for everyone who contributed to success of ICIAR 2006. We hope to see you again in ICIAR 2007.
Conference photos have been posted at the Photo Gallery page. Also some material on Dr. Oommen's talk has been posted
on the Plenary Talks page.
- September 12, 2006: The final conference program has been posted.
- September 5, 2006: A few changes have been made to the conference program details. Please update your records.
- July 31, 2006: A few changes have been made to the conference program details (4 papers have changed sessions). If you have previously downloaded the conference program details, please update your records.
- July 7, 2006: Conference program announced: Check Program Overview for session titles and times, and Program Details for paper presentation types (oral or poster) and times.
- June 12, 2006: Hotel Information has been posted.
- May 24, 2006: Notice to authors of papers selected for re-review: The papers are being analyzed and the authors will be notified as soon as possible. For those cases the deadline for registration will be extended.
- May 8, 2006: Registration information posted.
- April 26, 2006: Notification of acceptance has been sent out to authors. Camera-ready instructions
are posted. Registration instructions coming soon.
- April 18, 2006: Notification of acceptance delayed to April 26.
- March 1, 2006: Plenary Talks have been announced.
- February 28, 2006: Submission has been closed.
- February 10, 2006: Deadline extended: ICIAR 2006 - February 20, 2006; Special Sessions - February 27, 2006
- February 6, 2006: Special
session on Brain Imaging announced.
- January 13, 2006: Paper submission page is now open.
- December 14, 2005: Special
session on Remote Sensing Image Processing announced.
- November 25, 2005: The Advisory
and Program Committee lists have been posted.
- November 11, 2005: Conference venue
- November 2, 2005: ICIAR 2006 call for papers
ICIAR – International Conference on Image Analysis
and Recognition aims to bring together researchers in the fields of
Image Processing, Image Analysis and Pattern Recognition.
The conference will address recent advances in theory, methodologies
and applications. The scientific program will include invited speakers
and fully refereed contributions that will be published in the conference
ICIAR series of conferences is organized annually, alternating between
Europe and America. In 2004, the first conference was held in Porto,
Portugal. ICIAR 2005 took place in Toronto, Canada. ICIAR 2006
will take place in Póvoa de Varzim, Portugal.
- Image and Video Processing and Analysis
- Image restoration and enhancement
- Image and video segmentation
- Mathematical morphology
- Color, texture and motion analysis
- 3D image analysis
- Shape and matching
- Real time imaging
- Image and Video Coding
- Still image and video coding
- Image and video encryption
- Image Retrieval and Indexing
- Image and video databases
- Image and video retrieval and indexing
- Pattern Recognition for Image Analysis
- Feature extraction and selection methods
- Classification and Clustering techniques
- Ensembles and multi-classifiers
- Hybrid methods
- Syntactical methods
- Document Processing
- Remote Sensing
- Security Systems
- Visual Inspection
- Other applications
The ICIAR 2006 proceedings is published in two
volumes in the Springer
Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Proceedings: Springer LNCS
Vol. 4141, Vol. 4142.